Meet the 2014 NewGround Alumni
NewGround is proud to introduce the change-makers of 2014. Over the lastnine months, these extraordinary rising leaders developed the relationships and conflict resolution skills to make Jewish-Muslim relations in our era defined by cooperation and shared values.
Click here to read the bios of our 20 fellows.
NewGround Young Professionals Fellowship
Each year, 20 Jewish and Muslim young professionals are selected for the young professionals fellowship to gain the skills, relationships and networks necessary to transform how Muslims and Jews relate to each other in the United States. From November through June, fellows attend two weekend retreats and meet twice a month to learn from each other and from community leaders. As part of the fellowship process, alumni develop joint Jewish-Muslim projects of their own to implement in the larger community. To learn more about past fellows' experience and projects, click here. As a NewGround fellow, you will:
- Enhance your skills in conflict resolution and communication
- Explore the diversity of Jewish and Muslim communities
- Learn about religious traditions and experiences of Anti-Semitism and Islamophobia
- Practice and experience honest conversations about essential contemporary issues including the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Develop projects, programs, and volunteer opportunities to work for social change
- Create partnerships between Jewish, Muslim and other civic organizations